Saturday 2 March 2013

L'Eroica build is finished

I am pleased  to say that the Raleigh team TI is now complete and ready to roll. Its been a really enjoyable winter project and as business begins to pick and workloads increase, I'm chuffed that its now sat ready for its maiden shake down ride. So its resplendent with a complete Campagnolo Super Record group set, sourced from various countries across the globe including America, Italy, Germany, Hungary and of course the UK. Campyoldy was a great source of information as well as some reasonably priced NOS parts, I cant recommend him enough and a lovely chap to talk too.
The only part not included in the group set was the head set, which is a Tange Levin Campag copy. I couldn't justify some of the secondhand prices that were being asked for an original item. The Tange looks the part and works.  Any way here are some photos of the complete bike.











2 comments:

  1. What a beautifully restored bike. Well done. The yellow handlebar tape fits him well. And painting and decalls also.
    Finding parts is part of the fun. Indeed, prices rise with the increasing interest in steel frames. Here in the Netherlands, there are more and more fans of old steel bikes and frames.
    Next Sunday is a fair in Neerkant Netherlands. I will take some pictures and send it to you. Always charming, these old bikes and frames.

    But what a coincidence! I also ride a Raleigh during the upcoming L'Eroica. A Raleigh Rapide 1979 from Worksop, UK. Not as mint as yours, but technically 100%. Got some pictures if you want.
    Sorry for my poor english Bob!

    Greetings from Holland.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rob,
    Many thanks for the kind comments, these builds are to demonstrate what Bobs Bike Shed is capable of, but this one is particularly special to me, i think I may have an entry into this years L'Eroica but although I have been issued a number via their website Im still not sure its confirmed yet. Anyway flights and accommodation are booked so Im going and I will ride the course even if its not official it will be great to ride on my little bit of British cycling history.

    Take care
    bob

    ReplyDelete