Thursday 20 December 2012

L'Eroica build continued

 So I have spent a number of weeks searching and  collecting Campagnolo group set parts for the Raleigh TI build and although it wasn't intentional, I have ended up with a significant number of NOS ( New old stock) parts. It started with a very nice set of Super Record brakes and levers which have some slight marks on, but I think they have probably only been mounted on a display bike. So as the search continued I started to lean towards NOS parts. So much of whats advertised as used, at what I think are hugely inflated prices seem to be in a poor state, I do sometimes wonder why people don't clean stuff up before trying to sell it. Interestingly Mario (My frame restorer) reckons the price inflation on vintage components is in part due to the resurgence of using old/ new steel frames.
Along the way I have managed to pick up one or two bargains but in the main, I have paid market prices and as I want the bike to look the part I'm happy with that.  Below are some photos of what I have so far and I have decided to go Super Record as far as possible in line with a 1980's Team build although I have picked up one or two Nuovo record parts as you can see. The last four photos show the  brakes and gear levers fitted to the frame.



Nuovo Record Rear Mech

Nuovo front mech

Super Record rear mech

Seat post

Parts so far including a pair of NOS Mavic GP4 rims

Super Record Brake lever

Rear Brake

Front Brake


Down tube Gear levers







No comments:

Post a Comment