Saturday 31 March 2012

Ergo Levers attached and cabling for brakes and gears fitted and taped in place before applying bar tape

Ritchey Classic bars and Stem

9cm stem

Campag Athena front brake





So I have now fitted some Ritchey Classic bars and stem to match in with the Silver Campagnolo Athena 11 speed group set. I have to say I much prefer the old school silver components on a steel frame but they are so hard to source. Campag only do the Athena in silver in the higher end of their range and it would have been a dream to fit a silver super record group set  to do complete justice to Classic Mercian frame. That said the Athena group set is still very classy and I'm sure will be a joy to ride. The build is now almost complete and I will post photos of the finished bike tomorrow and let you know how its first shake down ride has gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment